Exercises You Can Do at Home
Gyms and training studios are closed due to the coronavirus Stay at Home mandate issues in Orange County. However, that does mean that you have to stop exercising. There are plenty of exercises you can do at home.
Here are four days of a quick get your body moving workout that requires no equipment. You can mix or match the exercises based on your needs. Do each set of exercises 1-5 times. You can also do them on the hour, every hour throughout the day to give yourself an energy burst and make yourself get up and moving.
- Pushups- 10
- Squats- 10
- Bent knee crunches- 20
- Mountain climbers- 40 total
- High plank push back to down dog- 10
- Reverse lunge- right side then left side- 10 each side
- Bicycles- 20 total
- Jumping jacks- 20
- Side plank (on elbow or hand) bring knee towards elbow- 10 each side
- Squat alternating knee lifts- 20 total
- Straight leg crunches- 20
- High knees (either running or standing)- 40 total
- High plank alternate tapping opposite hand to shoulder- 20 total
- Stand on 1 leg and kick the other leg out front and then behind (trying not to stop in the middle)- 10 each leg
- Hold a low plank on your elbows- 10 secs on/5 secs rest complete 4 rounds
- Butt kicks (either running or standing)- 40 total
Exercise, outdoors and indoors, helps maintain good physical and mental health during this stressful time so give these exercises you can do at home a try. I guarantee it will help your mental and physical health.
If you need something to help keep your kids busy, take a look at this simple obstacle course for kids: https://www.acefitness.